- L. Von Kuhen, Ph.D Executive Director
Dr. Kuhen has been engaged with Sustainable Long Island since its founding during the 1990’s, when he participated in the group of Long Island’s leading activists and practitioners in the realms of economic development, environmental health and social equity that formulated Sustainable Long Island’s mission, goals and strategies. Throughout that process, Dr. Kuhen shared ... View more
- Gabrielle Lindau Director of Development and Communications Gabrielle Lindau joined the organization in July 2016. Gabrielle is responsible for developing and implementing strategic growth plans, fundraising initiatives and communications such as the annual report, social media, newsletters, press relations, government affairs and donor databases for Sustainable Long Island.
Gabrielle was born and raised on Long Island. At a ... View more
- Erika Hill Senior Program Coordinator
Erika Hill joined the organization in July 2016 as Senior Program Coordinator. In her role as Senior Program Coordinator, she is responsible for coordinating several concurrent programs areas such as food access and equity issues, community health and wellness, economic development and community revitalization, promoting health and water quality, and environmental justice island-wide.
Erika ... View more
- Arielle Miller Grant Writer and Educational Program Coordinator
Arielle is the Grant Writer and Educational Program Coordinator with Sustainable Long Island. As Grant Writer, she leads the drafting and submission of countless grants for potential funding on behalf of the organization. In her role as Educational Program Coordinator, she is responsible for managing the internship and high school ... View more
- Jennifer Young Community Planner
Jennifer Young joined Sustainable Long Island as a Community Planner in June of 2016. As a Community Planner, Jennifer works to engage the public in issues regarding development and revitalization, social equity, and sustainable environmental practices. Jennifer recently received her Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and Geography with a minor in GIS from ... View more
- Nancy Guarino
Manager of Operations
Nancy Guarino joined Sustainable Long Island as Operations Manager in 2010. Nancy is responsible for identifying the resources necessary to achieve Sustainable Long Island’s short-term and long-term goals. Nancy plans and oversees all administrative support and the daily administrative duties of the organization. In addition, Nancy manages human resources, technical services, and the ... View more